Friday 20 July 2012

EyePro: A Group Test

The other day, a friend of mine asked me about the eyepro I use for playing airsoft. He'd just bought a pair of Viper glasses and wasn't impressed. I've been using ESS ICE glasses for a while now and although the arms cut into the tops of your ears when worn for extended periods (easily cured by using some 'Croakies' retention straps), have taken all their hits well and not failed me yet.

Coincidentally, I got an email this morning from Paul William at LuckyGunner.com asking if I would repost his eyepro group test. This test covers a bunch of different eyepro, covers ANSI Z87 and military MIL-PRF-31013 standards.

The article was written by Andrew, a US Navy Corpsman, who has obviously seen his share of injuries. The tests carried out put this eyewear through much more punishment than would be encountered on the airsoft field, but obviously you can't put a price on your eyesight and it is nice to know that certain brands and models will actually withstand direct hits from high velocity projectiles. This is an excellent article and I highly recommend it to anyone concerned about this subject. The complete article can be found here.














No comments: