Monday 9 June 2008

Colt Canada Body at Fire Support

Must have been the power of the blog. Only a couple of days ago did I blog on these very pages how bloody long I'd had to wait for the bits for my L119A1 build to arrive. Last Saturday (7th) I got a call from Mark at Fire Support to say that the Colt Canada body I'd ordered had arrived. Having dropped Frank an email today, not only has it arrived, but it's also £30 cheaper than I originally thought. Result. That and the Guarder Big Grip will be winging their way to Nottingham in the next few days. Come payday, the rest of the bits will be ordered (having waited for three and a half months for the main bit, I didn't bother with the rest in case it never happened).

On the down side, I emailed Tokyo Model Company today about the Army Code barrel (Army Code still having not answered a single email from me). Unsurprisingly, Army Code have still not manufactured any more, so I'm still waiting for that. The CQB version seems ever more likely.

The next step is actually taking my Marui M4 RIS apart to fit the new bits. Something I've never even thought about doing before. I'm hoping to include that as a photo-blog as the project gets going. Stay tuned.

No comments: