Monday 2 June 2008

The ongoing saga of the L119A1 build

It all started back in March (the 20th to be precise) when I placed an order with Tokyo Model Company and made a payment for $120US for an Army Code L119A1 SFW outer barrel. I'm still waiting for the bloody thing, which is not the fault of TMC at all, they have always been incredibly helpful. Army Code on the other hand, the company that manufacture the barrel, are possibly the most evasive company in the world. I must have emailed them ten times to see when the barrel would be back in stock. I've emailed them from different email accounts to two of the three email addresses on their website. I've never heard anything back - Army Code, if you do happen to read this, please let me know if I'm ever likely to see one of these barrels. I think I might make the L119A1 a CQB version now and just go with a 10.5 M4 barrel.

Still waiting for the Colt Canada receiver too (ordered around the same time from Guarder via Fire Support who, like TMC, could not be more helpful. Will this build ever come to fruition ?

Stay tuned.

No comments: