Tuesday 10 November 2009

Tactical Tailor Two-Piece MAV

Just received from one of the guys on ASCUK is the newest addition to my tactical gear collection, a TT 2-piece MAV. I've wanted one of these for a while, having not been very satisfied with my SOTech Hellcat. Not sure how I'm actually going to configure this, but I've had an initial crack at it to see how it feels.





It's going to stay pretty lightweight as I want a simple rig. It needs a hydration pouch but I'm pretty happy with it so far. The X-Harness is very comfortable and the whole things sits well and is much more solid and stable than the Hellcat which, with its integral magazine pouches had a tendency to loosen up when you'd used up all six magazines. In it's current configuration above, it is carrying a Warrior triple M4 double mag pouch and Tactical Tailor Multi-Purpose Pouch and Canteen Utility Pouch. The name canteen utility pouch is a bit misleading though, as it's barely big enough for a US canteen and nowhere near big enough for a '58 pattern bottle and mug, which is a shame.

I'll possibly do a bit more about this when I've loaded it up and/or used it in anger.

No comments: