Tuesday 10 February 2009

GEAR REVIEW - Warrior Pouches

Triple 5.56mm Pouch £12.95
NEW from Warrior, a triple 5.56mm mag pouch that holds 6 x M4 5.56mm or 6 x SA80 5.56mm mags. There is plenty of room inside these pouches and the addition of non slip internal linnings and elastic retention means that even single mags will not rattle round, the tension is just right. There are 4 x attachement arms on the back for secure and sturdy fastening to any molle style rig or platform. Made from 1000D Cordura.

Small Vertical Pouch £8.96
New from Warrior the Small Vertical Pouch with dual zips and full opening for easy access. Allows the organised storage of numerous small miscellaneous items. An internal mesh pocket can hold a mobile phone, Multitool etc and opposite 2 molle loops can hold chem lights, knife etc. The main compartment will accommodate and or hold medic kit, gloves, hat, glasses, NVG monocular, binos, compass, torch, note book or GPS.

I can’t say much more about the Warrior pouches than has been said above. The construction is excellent, especially the mag pouches which have a nice rubberised section on the flap that sits on top of the magazines and, presumably, reduces wear on the cordura, and the elastic retention is really tight, tight enough to hold a single mag in without it moving around. They are a little bit snug with two mags in when new but will presumably loosen up a bit. The utility pouch was a bit of an impulse buy, partly to see what the quality of the gear is like and I’m not sure what I’m gonna use it for, but I’m sure I’ll find something. Keys and mobile phone when skirmishing spring to mind as there is a mesh pocket (ideal for a phone) and elastic loops (keys secured via karabiner perhaps). I’m sure there are a million reasons.

I’ve put the pouches on my SOTech plate carrier for the time being. This wasn’t for any particular loadout (although it is suitable for some PMC urban shenanigans), but with the addition of a Blackhawk Serpa holster and a SIG226, would do for UKSF.





Having bought these pouches from UKTactical, I’m seriously thinking about getting myself one of their RICAS vests. Under a hundred quid for a fully loaded releasable plate carrier sounds too good to be true, especially when you compare it to a similar product like the Eagle plate carrier, which is more than that on it’s own. If the construction and quality of these pouches is anything to go by, it’s not.

2 comments:

damn said...

Hey – great blog, just looking around some blogs, seems a really nice platform you are using. I’m currently using WordPress for a few of my blogs but looking to change one of them over to a platform similar to yours as a trial run. Anything in particular you would recommend about it?
armor plate carrier

CyberpunkHero said...

Hey there, I just use a basic blogger template with a bunch of formatting. All the images are hosted on my webspace. Not really tried wordpress but it's pretty popular so I imagine is as easy to use and has all the features of Blogger.

My advice would be to give them both a try and see which one you like best. Glad you like the site too, I don't really do anything with it these days.

Chuck me a link when you get your site up and running.